Support Forums

Full Version: same problems as always
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can't get a job

I always fail "final interviews" sometime exams because it has many mathematic question (I'm not good in math)

I pass everything else but how come I always ended up failing in the end my parents now thinks of me useless (hate it) but they always borrow money from me (my savings) when they need one.

I use to be in training but they wanted to re-locate me from a very very very far place so I have to quit cause I won't be able to have enough rest and my transportation money isn't enough.

I need tips on how I could pass interviews also in some exams (I aint good in math)

mostly, I've applied as a service crew and a call center agent
How old are you?
tell your parents to gtfo of your savings, how can they think your useless then take money from you, imo i would not lend a penny to them if i was you
Well is the interview an exam or face to face?

In face to face you can be very simple and explain everything simply.

You will get a job for sure!
(10-16-2010, 06:11 PM)Eh? Wrote: [ -> ]How old are you?

I'm 19 years old an undergraduate I only finished 1st year high school due to financial problems

(10-16-2010, 06:44 PM)H4CKB00K Wrote: [ -> ]tell your parents to gtfo of your savings, how can they think your useless then take money from you, imo i would not lend a penny to them if i was you

Not lending anything to them anymore

(10-17-2010, 06:30 AM)Ethical Hxer Wrote: [ -> ]Well is the interview an exam or face to face?

In face to face you can be very simple and explain everything simply.

You will get a job for sure!

How do you it? I always pass the first interviews but I ended up failing in the end. Any tips?
(10-16-2010, 05:36 PM)saint.slacker Wrote: [ -> ]I can't get a job

I always fail "final interviews" sometime exams because it has many mathematic question (I'm not good in math)

I pass everything else but how come I always ended up failing in the end my parents now thinks of me useless (hate it) but they always borrow money from me (my savings) when they need one.

I use to be in training but they wanted to re-locate me from a very very very far place so I have to quit cause I won't be able to have enough rest and my transportation money isn't enough.

I need tips on how I could pass interviews also in some exams (I aint good in math)

mostly, I've applied as a service crew and a call center agent

You need to pinpoint exactly what you need to improve on with interviewing.

I sit in on all interviews of people applying for a job in my department (the company I work for has a very involved hiring process). The most common thing I see in applicants is a lack of self confidence. This leads to poorly formed answers and tripping over words because they change their mind halfway through a sentence. Overall it makes us realize this applicant doesn't have the slightest clue as to what they're doing. That may or may not be true, but more often than not it isn't. And we know that. But if the applicant can't pull together enough self confidence to tell us what they actually know, in a clear and concise manner, we have no other way of judging them.

The other thing I see is people rushing answers. Unless specified otherwise, you're not on a clock. It's better for you to stop and think a question through and then answer instead of jump right into it. Doing so leads to a lot of "Oh and umm.... oh wait, no umm..." sort of phrases. Think your answer through and then give it. The person giving the interview would rather see you think and then answer clearly, than to answer quickly but poorly.

Also, if you don't understand the question, ask for it to be repeated or explained to you. This is especially true of technical questions or those situational questions that HR departments love to ask. You asking for the question to be repeated or clarified doesn't look bad. If anything it's a good thing because it shows you're willing to make sure you fully understand the situation before responding. You're also engaging the interviewer which is crucial.

Ask questions at the end. As I just mentioned, engaging the interviewer is very important. At the end of your interview you'll almost certainly be asked if you have any questions. Come up with some questions to ask at the end before you even show up to that interview. An applicant who asks questions stands out. Most people end with "nope, I think that covers everything." Ask something about the company, ask for clarity on something- just don't say "nope, no questions."
(10-17-2010, 06:50 AM)Disease Wrote: [ -> ]You need to pinpoint exactly what you need to improve on with interviewing.

I sit in on all interviews of people applying for a job in my department (the company I work for has a very involved hiring process). The most common thing I see in applicants is a lack of self confidence. This leads to poorly formed answers and tripping over words because they change their mind halfway through a sentence. Overall it makes us realize this applicant doesn't have the slightest clue as to what they're doing. That may or may not be true, but more often than not it isn't. And we know that. But if the applicant can't pull together enough self confidence to tell us what they actually know, in a clear and concise manner, we have no other way of judging them.

The other thing I see is people rushing answers. Unless specified otherwise, you're not on a clock. It's better for you to stop and think a question through and then answer instead of jump right into it. Doing so leads to a lot of "Oh and umm.... oh wait, no umm..." sort of phrases. Think your answer through and then give it. The person giving the interview would rather see you think and then answer clearly, than to answer quickly but poorly.

Also, if you don't understand the question, ask for it to be repeated or explained to you. This is especially true of technical questions or those situational questions that HR departments love to ask. You asking for the question to be repeated or clarified doesn't look bad. If anything it's a good thing because it shows you're willing to make sure you fully understand the situation before responding. You're also engaging the interviewer which is crucial.

Ask questions at the end. As I just mentioned, engaging the interviewer is very important. At the end of your interview you'll almost certainly be asked if you have any questions. Come up with some questions to ask at the end before you even show up to that interview. An applicant who asks questions stands out. Most people end with "nope, I think that covers everything." Ask something about the company, ask for clarity on something- just don't say "nope, no questions."

Guess I don't need to pinpoint it Smile This is what I need but still lacking confidence. I need an inspiration
I'm 18, got expelled my freshmen year of high school, but that does not mean you and I can't make money, have you tried making money online?
(10-18-2010, 04:42 PM)SystemThurtyTwo Wrote: [ -> ]I'm 18, got expelled my freshmen year of high school, but that does not mean you and I can't make money, have you tried making money online?

Don't have any computer at home so it's gonna be useless