Support Forums

Full Version: Help Buying New Desktop Computer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yeah I got some money and... I am really unsure compared to some professionals here at HF on what hardware to buy for a good priced computer under $1000.00 USD. I have my eye on stuff like This and probably something in these results. Please help me decide for a really good one that would last some time, its only for my House and brother so he can work on his homework, do research no gaming. Really unsure what to get here. My specs are:

Computer Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packed (HP)

Intel Core Processor 2xQuad i7 (if possible), if not, i5.

At least 6 GB RAM/Memory

At least 640 GB HDD, 1 TB or higher would be great!

HD Audio CODEC

20+ in. Monitor

Microsoft Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64-bit

And an HD Graphics Card would be Insane.
a custom build will be better for sure.
(10-26-2010, 08:14 PM)dexdrex007 Wrote: [ -> ]a custom build will be better for sure.

Not necessarily true since a lot of companies are now leaning towards high quality builds. If this isn't going to be much of a gaming rig there isn't much of a reason to buy a custom PC, especially since all of the hardware and drivers will work "perfectly" with each other unlike customer builds.

If you do however decide to go with a customer build I suggest you do your research to find what works best with what, when I say research I mean research. Ask around and get multiple opinions to make sure there will be no conflicts with hardware or drivers. One great benefit of custom builds though is if anything dies on you it's easy to replace for a low price.
well if it isn't going to be a gaming rig, you woudn't need a $1000 budget for a build.
Good configuration for desktop computer.
Online Support Services Helps You to Update latest version of technologies.
I'd recommend buying a computer with the specs you want for the graphics card and the processor if possible. If you can get a 64 bit computer with high quality parts (graphics card and processor), then it's really easy to upgrade the RAM and Hard Drive. Just make sure that your motherboard supports what you want to upgrade it to. If you get a custom build, your main problem will probably be the motherboard because not all graphics cards are supported by a particular motherboard. Some are different sockets that don't support other cpu's. for a 64 bit computer it should definitely support up to 8GB, and that's really all you would need. I have 4 RAM slots so all 4 of them are filled with 2GB ram boards, for a total of 8GB on my machine. From there you just have to figure out the dimensions for the hard drive and whether or not your computer supports it.