Support Forums

Full Version: My gran, I'm upset.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys, I never thought I would have to make a thread like this but things have happened and so I need as much help and pick me ups as I can get.

Basically I found out today about three hours ago my Gran was admitted to hospital. Not in a nice way either, my parents were trying to phone her last night but we couldn't get through.

We were getting really worried because this morning before I left for college we still couldn't contact her. So my parents phoned the pub down the road and got them to check on her. There was no response from her so they kicked the door in and found my Gran slumped in her armchair with blood coming out of her nose and face covered in blood.

She had been like this for around 10 hours, she was breathing weakly and her pulse was low. The ambulance rushed her to hospital and she is not responding to nurses and is drifting in and out of conciseness.

In turns out she's had a large stroke and a massive brain hemmerage .

What pains me most is that she was sat their, unable to move, shaking and covered in blood all alone for 10 hours.

I found out about 2 and a half hours ago that she died. I am really upset but I'm coping well and I still have my head on straight, I can process thoughts properly and apart from crying occasionally I'm okay.

I loved her so much though, she was such a cool Gran always laughing and playing jokes, every time I visited her she would secretly give me and my brother sweets and chocolate and I always got a bit of pocket money from her old purse.

The worst thing is I couldn't be with her because she lives in Newcastle which is about 6-7 hours from where I live.

I could really just use some friendly replies.

Thanks.
That's a bad way to go but it happens to the best of them, having neither of my grandmas left alive I feel for you man, it was hard on our family, especially my grandpa, who is already a borderline alcoholic.

Either way my sincerest condolences and try and remember as you saw her not as she passed on.
If I think of her happy moments like her smile, I just cry a bit. But I'm sure I can move on. I am quite strong emotionally.
Sorry to hear mate. I hope you and your family are coping well. I'm sure she is looking down on you with a smile on her face. Just remember all the good times you spent with her and know she is still with you.
My condolences go out to you and your family. I'm not going to write a long post, I don't really like discussing such emotional topics but I just want you to know that you're not alone and if you want to talk, I'm only a PM away. Always remember that.
Yeh, I didn't think I was going to cope well with death but now that it's hit me I've just thought about everything I've told other members and I'm doing okay.

Thanks for your kind words guys.
(10-08-2010, 09:56 AM)Sam Wrote: [ -> ]If I think of her happy moments like her smile, I just cry a bit. But I'm sure I can move on. I am quite strong emotionally.

That's the way it should be, without the good memories we have nothing left in life.

I also dealt with the losses quite well, I thought there was something wrong with me when I didn't cry at the funeral though.
Well I am starting to come to grips with it. Still quite an impact though.
I became emotionally tough out of life experience, if you are already emotionally tough, this grief wont last too long, hope you feel better.
I'm saving any voicemails I get from my grandparents because I know that sometime they are going to die, and it's going to be all that I've got left.

If you have those, you can listen to them once in a while. It'll feel awful, but in a good way.

Good luck getting over it.
Pages: 1 2