Support Forums

Full Version: Learn To Laugh it Off.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This wont be an extremely long tutorials (I wouldn't call it a tutorial. Just common sense) as there is not much to say. But here is some tips on how to laugh away insults and jokes.

Friends

We'll start off easy with friends. Friends are a beautiful thing; but with the wrong timing it can be horrible.You need to know who your friends are. People who constantly talk about you can be very sly and aren't the trustworthiest. Where-as the people who talk with you are the ones you should be having a joke with.

If it is the first type; they may say something once in a while (or often) that can be quite frustrating. The easiest thing I find to do is just laugh it off. But I'm a very relaxed guy and dont take things seriously. But when I am serious and in a grumpy mood I just stop and take a breath. Just inhale then exhale. Allow the moment to pass. This is the easiest thing to do.

If your "Friend" continues to commit at insulting you then just turn around and ask him to stop. By "asking" I dont mean physically assault him; I actually mean "ask". 9/10 they will stop.

Now time for your actually friends. If your friend(s) say something that can be quite brutal; try to shake it off. Realize they are your friend(s) and wont mean it harmfully. It could've just been bad timing. Try to communicate that it was harmful; "Ohh, that was a little harsh, Mate". They will then normally respond with "Sorry, I know. *laughs*"

Remember: You need to pick the moments to laugh. If you laugh hard at the harmful joke they may think it could be ok to then barrage you with more. If you dont laugh, your friend may be weary of you from then on.

"Idiots"

Now this is where it becomes harder to just "Laugh it off". It takes a little more effort on your part but here is some tips.

If someone begins to start randomly insulting you. Ask them "why" in a serious tone. Responding with physical violence should never happen unless they throw the punch first. Even then it should be minimal. There can be two responses to this:

1. "BECAUSE I FEEL LIKE IT"

If they respond with this try to act as cooly as possible. Even if the insults are still coming. Try to explain the insults wont work, if you are going try responding though. For example, responding with: "I'M GONNA KILL YOU" will not help the tension in the situation. Respond with a simple "Your insults are not working and wont work." Just explain bluntly. Like I will explain later; try reasoning.
    If this still isn't working just walk away. I know it's cliche. But it's work.
             
           
  2. "YOU DID "SOMETHING""
    Note: "Something" could be anything; from hitting him/her accidently with a football or just looking at him/her.

For this situation you cannot just respond "Your insults aren't working." You need to be more clever. This is where I will explaining reasoning. If you say: Hit him/her with a ball. Just reason with the situation. "I'm sorry but I'm a pretty terrible striker." This will also had a lighten the tension slightly as you have added humor. If he is still coming at you with more and more insults just reason with them. "YOU DID THAT ON PURPOSE"
    "Sorry, but I actually did it was by accident."
    or
    "I'M GONNA PUNCH YOU"
    "Is that necessary; I said sorry and it was by accident.

If this still doesn't work. Just like before; walk away.
*As a side note: make sure you make eye contact when he or she is talking. By looking away you are showing you have weakness.

This for most part explains everything. If you have any other situations, post and I will do my best what course of action will be best to take. If these techniques are still not working you may wanna just try some anger management. This can be in the form of a workout at the gym; or counseling.

Sorry for the wall of text. Thumbsup
Cmon, shake it off when your friend insults you? You got to be kidding me.

Me and my friends insult each other 24/7, we take it as a joke and just laugh, not laugh it off.

The best way to deal with insults is to ignore them.
(10-04-2010, 10:21 AM)NekoChan Wrote: [ -> ]Cmon, shake it off when your friend insults you? You got to be kidding me.

Me and my friends insult each other 24/7, we take it as a joke and just laugh, not laugh it off.

The best way to deal with insults is to ignore them.

My friends do. But sometimes in every other year they will say something harsh. I use the technique involved.

Like I say, most of it is common sense.
Well, your friends can say lots of harsh things.
Imo, there can't be a tech. to use for that, because if your friends say it, you just shouldn't care and just laugh lol.
(10-04-2010, 10:34 AM)NekoChan Wrote: [ -> ]Well, your friends can say lots of harsh things.
Imo, there can't be a tech. to use for that, because if your friends say it, you just shouldn't care and just laugh lol.

But there is people who can get angry pretty easily.
But I see what your saying. xDThumbsup
I guess you are right. For those people, this guide is pretty useful so good job.

But me, meh, I just ignore anyone who says something bad to me. Or just smile back.
(10-04-2010, 10:38 AM)NekoChan Wrote: [ -> ]I guess you are right. For those people, this guide is pretty useful so good job.

But me, meh, I just ignore anyone who says something bad to me. Or just smile back.

Exactly what I do. It's pretty easy.
HA Good Tut. But this doesn't help or work for people like me whom resort to vulgar language and anger. I just tend to let my fists do my talking for me. So What would you suggest for someone who is easily Angered such as myself?
(10-04-2010, 01:00 PM)Dcrac23 Wrote: [ -> ]HA Good Tut. But this doesn't help or work for people like me whom resort to vulgar language and anger. I just tend to let my fists do my talking for me. So What would you suggest for someone who is easily Angered such as myself?

If you have time to deal with things; take it out on a punch bag.

If the situation requires immediate action; just give yourself to breath. Allow yourself to asses the best action other than violence.

And I never knew you were the violent type, Dcrac. Tongue

Add me on skype? Happeh-
Great tutorial, I might try some of the tips when dealing with idiots, Sadly I know lots of them.
Pages: 1 2