Support Forums

Full Version: I want what I can't have.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I don't want to babble on, so I'm going to make this short and sweet. A girl that I really really like is moving at the end of the year to another state in Australia, on the other side. It's only for her Dad's work, and she's possibly be gone only for a year or so.. but it doesn't change anything. We both like eachother, and we both know it. I really want to go out with her, but she doesn't want to go out with me. She is scared that things would have to end because of her moving.. I've tried talking her into it but it's going no where. The thing I'm concerned about, is this me really liking her and wanting to go out with her just because I really like her? Or is it because I know I can't have her?

Advice please. Smile
Well at the beginning of this post, I would want to say that long distance relationships never really end well.
I think you should stick with her, as friends who like each other, but not really date her. It will just make things weird and hard, when she is away.
Now, I don't really know why you think you can't have her, but to be honest, from what I read, you seem to be able to have her, just after a year, so no, it's not about not being able to have her. In my opinion, you really like her.

Just stay friends with her, show some understanding, communicate while she is away this year, and when she gets back, you can ask her out again, and this time, I think she will accept, and to be honest, after a year, you will be able to know if you still really love her, or not.

Good luck my old friend.
Thank you very much for the advice, bro. I really appreciate it. Smile
All I can say, is that it would be a bad idea to go out with her right now, maybe when she comes back.

Long distance relationships end really fast, you or she can and will find somebody else.
Because when you like somebody, you wanna be with her, but you can't, the liking will fade away.
I think you should stay friends as already stated, i mean i know it will be hard for you im sure but just think that in one year you can have her. I would say go ahead and try because i know a few long distance relationships that worked but they are defeinetly very rare and very hard. I say just be a really good friend with her for a year or so till she come backs and then date her. Or if you can move with her, i know this is probably out of the question but if it is not then do it.
I honestly dont think it could work out, I would just wait to when she comes back, And see if your still even interested with her.
your mentality is the reason that you can't have what you want, nothing more. What makes her so "out of your league"?
Let her go mate.
I hate to say it but its the way it has to be.
In 1 year anything can and often does happen.
You will send yourself half silly with denial and paranoia over her.
If she comes back in a year then continue where you left off.
But until then consider it an open relationship of sorts.
There is plenty fish in the sea mate and you may find you just havent met mrs correct.
I would have to agree with the let her go, long distance almost never works out, you could be an exception but, unlikely.
Okay everyone, thanks for all the help. Smile I suppose I'll close the thread now, since all the advice has been great but it's all the same. Tongue Thanks to all whom posted. Smile