Support Forums

Full Version: help please... getting over a girl.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok guys... I loved this girl for about 4 years now and she knows that and I need help getting over her because in 5th grade I made her laugh a lot and she was always enjoying my company, then in sixth everything changed when she found out I liked her. Now i'm in ninth grade and I want to start on a new slate, and oh yeah, SHES IN MY HIGHSCHOOL. Ever since shes been extremely ignorant, anybody could tell if they were in my situation, and there are so many, too many times that I run in to her in the highscool, every time I try to ignore her. And she starts talking to me when I want to drop the conversation after the words, Hey "My Name Here". I need to get over her, my friends say imagine bad things about her it kinda worked then didn't. I really need help, this crappy obsession of her. Please, Suggestions?
There is a saying "Theres lots of fish in the sea" which can be interpreted as a metaphor, for the fact that people need to move on sometimes. Theres always going to be someone else out there, and maybe someone even better that's right for you. You can't hold you're emotions on one girl your whole life, so if you think about it in this way. The sooner you forget her, the sooner you can get a better person to be with in your life, and the sooner you can start feeling happy. Been through it before, tons of times in my life. So I know that it gets difficult sometimes, but the more you realize what you need to do, the better you get at making the right decisions on whether or not the girl is worth going on about or not.

If she's ignorant to you, do you really think she's worth trying for, or maybe you could find someone even better than that? It doesn't sound like she's worth holding on to in my opinion. She may have been a good person to you in the past, but times change. We just need to learn to adapt to them.

There is no shortcut for getting over someone fast, but time is a good helper along the way. Try spending some time with other girls to get your mind back on the right track again. I'm sure if you spent more time with other girls that you would find that there are some better, newer, friends to hang around Smile

Good luck
(10-03-2010, 06:33 PM)Infinity Wrote: [ -> ]There is no shortcut for getting over someone fast, but time is a good helper along the way. Try spending some time with other girls to get your mind back on the right track again. I'm sure if you spent more time with other girls that you would find that there are some better, newer, friends to hang around Smile

Good luck

Yeah I actually feel much better then I did in the 8th grade.
Hey there L3g1tWa5te, i must say that truthfully it will be extremely hard to stop liking her. i had the same situation and i finally stopped this year which means i liked her for four years and we never dated. i just did what i could to ignore her, i avoided her at all costs, started talking to other girls and guys. I just talked to my friends and ignored her a lot and eventually all my feelings for her were gone. I can now talk to her without thinking twice about liking her. trust me bro it will come with time, and there are plenty of other girls out there just talk to them and flirt with them.

(my first time trying to look professional did it look better or more laid back better?)
(10-03-2010, 06:40 PM)R4GE_Xy-Cliche Wrote: [ -> ]Hey there L3g1tWa5te, i must say that truthfully it will be extremely hard to stop liking her. i had the same situation and i finally stopped this year which means i liked her for four years and we never dated. i just did what i could to ignore her, i avoided her at all costs, started talking to other girls and guys. I just talked to my friends and ignored her a lot and eventually all my feelings for her were gone. I can now talk to her without thinking twice about liking her. trust me bro it will come with time, and there are plenty of other girls out there just talk to them and flirt with them.

(my first time trying to look professional did it look better or more laid back better?)

LOL professional dude, and whatever I do, its so fudged up, I wind up seeing her! Its totally messed up... then approaches my new friends I made with the old friends I made at our hang out... Its so strange... I mean you would be shocked if I recorded it.
I remember when my first girlfriend broke up with me, and we are still friends lol. The one thing I remember was how I wasn't used to it though. In your mind it's almost as if when you first break up you don't realize what has actually happened and it takes a little while before your mind kicks in and you figure out that things have changed between the 2 of you and the relationship on that level is gone. But things get worse, and then they get better. It reminds me of walking into a ditch and if you keep walking, you eventually walk up the hill again and soon enough your out (and looking for another ditch if you have more unsuccessful relationships in the future haha Smile)

In all honesty though, I personally dont think of any of my relationships with someone else as a failure, because you learn from mistakes, and you know what to do better for next time. It's like practicing for the real thing before you find someone that you eventually marry. Only way I think of it.
Getting over your first girl is pretty impossible. Even if its past many years, you still feel something. Atleast that is with me and lots of people I know.

But yeah, best way to get over a girl is to get a new girl. Somebody new to like, its foolproof.
Just don't talk to her. If she says your name act like you didn't hear her, Keep on walking. If you see her walking towards you look in another direction. Start Focusing on other girls that you have an interest in. Other than that man there's not much to tell you, It's always the hardest getting over your first crush. Man Honestly she's the one you will always remember. I still do this day think about my first crush but she's married to some guy now and I wish them all the best. Or you could try and be just best of friends with her? Or are you wanting to completely get her out of your life?