Support Forums

Full Version: Would you go back if you could?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This isn't a really big 'help me' thread, but I figured it has to do with this.

Over the past few months I've been thinking a lot about my future, my parent's futures, and my past.

I wish I could relive my childhood over and over again.

Things aren't the same anymore, everything used to be really fun and I never had to worry about doing well in school (because it wasn't as much pressure & work), I didn't have social groups, so I'd hang out with my family a lot because it was the norm, but now over the passed... 2 years probably I've grown more and more away from my parents, especially my dad.

I'm just thinking, do you wish you could go back and relive it over and over as well?

Also, I tend to think about when my parents die I'll be completely left with nothing Wacko, so I need some help on putting that past me and stuff.

I had a lot of sh*t on me for a while so I decided to go into my room by myself and do a little silent prayer and that helped a bit, but now I get stuck with this:

How I'm going to have to one day leave home and go to college, and never see my parents (hardly), I don't hang out with them as much (I found a post on my mom's FB where she said "back when brian used to like us," which really tore me apart, and basically being older.

How bouts you?
I wish i could go back even though I'm 16, I have made some dumb decisions in my life and i would love to relive them. Smile
You are quite fortunate to have had a happy childhood and youth with your parents. No doubt your mum misses those times as much as you. Emotional closeness is difficult to maintain unless you continue to live close to each other, and continue to share your experiences with each other.

Many people wish they could go back, whether to act differently or whether to relive the past. When I sleep, I often have dreams of the past that I never want to awaken from. And I share your thoughts as well, that when my parents die I would feel completely lost.

The healthiest individuals are those who learn how to be emotionally self-sufficient, to be able to motivate and comfort themselves with or without the help of others. Give yourself time to learn how to do so. Until then, consider talking with your parents about these thoughts, and how you can navigate this time together.
(09-30-2010, 07:21 PM)Dark3n Wrote: [ -> ]I wish i could go back even though I'm 16, I have made some dumb decisions in my life and i would love to relive them. Smile

Same goes from here Smile
(09-30-2010, 06:34 PM)Reality Wrote: [ -> ]I don't hang out with them as much (I found a post on my mom's FB where she said "back when brian used to like us," which really tore me apart

Let them know you love them. Make sure they know you're greatful because of everything they have done for you. Communication is important.

Also, the fear of losing your parents it's normal.

When something gets stucked in my head (like this happens to be your case) I just lay on bed and think, sometimes I talk with myself out loud. Hearing things helps me get perspective, even if I hear them from myself. If you have a really close friend, you could try talking to him/her too. Sharing my feelings has always helped me.
i wish i could go back, i think i have fudged up alot in life, and let myself and my parents down, i would give anything to be able to go back....
Yeh, I do. Not because my present is bad or anything, but because there's so much I missed out on.. I wish I had made the most of my childhood. But also, because of a lack of responsibilities and always being able to play.. there were also times in my past I was REALLY happy.. maybe a little deluded and ignorant, but happy.

I can't go back though, so instead I need to learn from my past, make the most of the present, and work towards a better future.

By the way, you might like this video. Smile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjXoxL0KbpA
Interesting. But as per normal i am going to have to break away from the normal here.
Your upbringing was not your doing. This is important. This is your parents responsibility.
To re live the same life will give the same result. To blame yourself is wrong.
Hell the fact you make this thread tells me loads about you.
Your clearly a bloke who loves & cares loads about his family. Huge + to you mate.
And despite the fact of what i said earlier... This is often if not always a trate given to you from your upbringing also.
What i am trying to say is this.

The fact you care shows good upbringing.
The fact you worry about your family also shows this.
What your mum said on FB. Well crap happens. Even Mums are human. Smile
I think your doing pretty good mate.
To be honest if I could do it again I would be a tad less social, ended up in some trouble, I started drinking and using drugs around 12-13 and it just goes downhill from there, until I had a rude awakening in police form.
Thanks for the replies ^^

I've become pretty Religious over the past few months due to this, I was majorly depressed last Winter break about dying, because my Religion teacher had to incorporate it into every discussion, as did my bio teacher.
Pages: 1 2 3