Support Forums

Full Version: DEPRESSED
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello SF,

Sometimes, I get depressed. Actually, I would consider that an understatement. I am an atheist, and sometimes I consider the fact that what we do on this earth is pointless. Sometimes thinking that way can be depressing, but it can also have an opposite effect. I tend to take it as an opportunity to take calculated risks, and live my life to its fullest, because once I am ready to leave this earth, I know that I will look back and wish I did things differently.

I am in the 9th grade, and I am 14 years old. I deal with an extreme amount of stress on a daily basis, even over the dumbest things! I am 5 ft. 5 and 205 pounds. It's safe to say that I have become a complete fatass. I used to be in shape and athletic, but since the depression hit I have confided in food to make me feel better about myself.

It seems as if the more intelligent I become, the worse I feel about life in general.

I want to live an exciting life, and not have any regrets when I am older. I want to be athletic and in-shape. I want to be popular and well-liked in my school. I want girls to be attracted to be. Most of all, I want to be HAPPY.

Does anybody have any suggestions pertaining to what I should do to get my life back on track? For the past year or so, I occasionally look back at my life and notice how much it sucks. I know people are worse off then me, but it doesn't make me feel much better. I need to escape. HELP!

- Virtual Reality
Well, i could give alot of advice about this, but i will start off with the basics look at your reply and go from there. I am also 14 and have went through a lot!

first things first, like you i used to be pretty fat even though i am tall. I decided to take that into my own hands and start working out. I am 6'2 and 250 lbs. i have not changed weight wise much but what i did change is change all the fat into muscle so that i'm still big but i am athletic. it does also help you to feel better.

Next thing i say is to find you a hobby your really like because when i was really depressed that is what got me out of it is getting into playing bass guitar, and backup vocals which helped me start my band and get a crap load of confidence.

Next you say you want to be popular? well that isint how you should see it. i dont want to be popular i want to be the opposite, but that is what made me popular. i dont act like everyone else im semi-feared and everyone tends to like me but i didint try for that and i really dont like it to much.

Tell me what you think about this and reply more, if you feel the need or want to talk more add me on msn psychosis@c0dersunited.net
(09-27-2010, 05:32 PM)R4GE_Xy-Cliche Wrote: [ -> ]Well, i could give alot of advice about this, but i will start off with the basics look at your reply and go from there. I am also 14 and have went through a lot!

first things first, like you i used to be pretty fat even though i am tall. I decided to take that into my own hands and start working out. I am 6'2 and 250 lbs. i have not changed weight wise much but what i did change is change all the fat into muscle so that i'm still big but i am athletic. it does also help you to feel better.

Next thing i say is to find you a hobby your really like because when i was really depressed that is what got me out of it is getting into playing bass guitar, and backup vocals which helped me start my band and get a crap load of confidence.

Next you say you want to be popular? well that isint how you should see it. i dont want to be popular i want to be the opposite, but that is what made me popular. i dont act like everyone else im semi-feared and everyone tends to like me but i didint try for that and i really dont like it to much.

Tell me what you think about this and reply more, if you feel the need or want to talk more add me on msn psychosis@c0dersunited.net

Thanks for the response. That was quite helpful! Any more assistance from the members of SF would be appreciated!
I can always be contacted if you wish just add me on msn which is up above. psychosis@c0dersunited.net
(09-27-2010, 03:33 PM)Virtual Reality Wrote: [ -> ]Hello SF,

Sometimes, I get depressed. Actually, I would consider that an understatement. I am an atheist, and sometimes I consider the fact that what we do on this earth is pointless. Sometimes thinking that way can be depressing, but it can also have an opposite effect. I tend to take it as an opportunity to take calculated risks, and live my life to its fullest, because once I am ready to leave this earth, I know that I will look back and wish I did things differently.

I am in the 9th grade, and I am 14 years old. I deal with an extreme amount of stress on a daily basis, even over the dumbest things! I am 5 ft. 5 and 205 pounds. It's safe to say that I have become a complete fatass. I used to be in shape and athletic, but since the depression hit I have confided in food to make me feel better about myself.

It seems as if the more intelligent I become, the worse I feel about life in general.

I want to live an exciting life, and not have any regrets when I am older. I want to be athletic and in-shape. I want to be popular and well-liked in my school. I want girls to be attracted to be. Most of all, I want to be HAPPY.

Does anybody have any suggestions pertaining to what I should do to get my life back on track? For the past year or so, I occasionally look back at my life and notice how much it sucks. I know people are worse off then me, but it doesn't make me feel much better. I need to escape. HELP!

- Virtual Reality

I'm not overweight... fat is a harsh word and you don't need to call yourself it, also its down to you to get in shape, but no hope with lack of motavation and depressing negitive views towards life...

so only start goign to gym or working out after you've applied methods to feel better about life..mine was rock and smoke..it works atm

second i had same issues with being alone an having a boredome life.. till i picked up smoking, listening to rock music, biking walking and talking to my loved ones.. all ma mates are girls lol.

honest get 2 or 3 girls mates, become close..and i mean friends not more.. they keep you feeling pretty cool Oui

and well the smoke is just my method to kill time and feel alittle bit better about life as strange as that may seem Pinch although i'm only one year older than you we are all not that different, hard years.

i'm no pro...but i can say i enjoy life when it comes to my mates and music, so should you.
Yes if your a bit husky, it is a great idea to loose weight if you feel kind of depressed, you feel free, more loose, more happy, energetic, hey, what the heck... get a good looking girl too... I lost about 20 lbs.... I feel pretty good but needa loose more, yeah im around your age so thats some advice! Big Grin Seriously, you will feel much better, GUARANTEED.
(09-27-2010, 06:34 PM)welsh_emo Wrote: [ -> ]and well the smoke is just my method to kill time and feel alittle bit better about life as strange as that may seem Pinch although i'm only one year older than you we are all not that different, hard years.

Smoking Kills. Don't Smoke, its waiting right around the corner ready to eat your arse if your depressed. Why you bring up smoking foo! NO SMOKING PERIODDDDDD!!!
Hello, we all get depressed, even though a lot of people won't admit to it. I suggest that you listen to some music and talk to your friends.
Get a hobby.

Paint, play an instrument, do sports, whatever interests you more. It will help you feel better and it's going to keep you bussy.
I also suggest trying to find a Click or social Group to get into.
You and I suffer from a similar disease. It's called motivation. And there are plenty of times in a lot of peoples life that they will lack it. It doesn't sound like you are depressed, it sounds like you are unmotivated, and it's bumming you out. This is actually a good thing. It means you can "heal" from it easier. Real depression is often not as simple to treat as motivation is. Although motivation can be extremely hard to find, it is obtainable while depression is a state of mind that we trap ourselves in. What I believe you should do, is find a cause. Find something that makes you happy, and let it host your motivation. Find more then one thing, so in case one gets damaged, you don't loose it all again. You are capable of loosing weigh. You are not that overweight, and you can fairly easily burn it off with a diet and exercise. It will go away as you grow.

Seeing other people that are in a worse position then you shouldn't make you feel better. It's good that it does not. That's a double negative. Two wrongs don't make a right. So comparing two negative things should not create a positive perspective. Instead, try focusing on how grateful you are to be in a position that you can pull yourself out of. And send good thoughts to those who would have to be lifted out of a house in a crane if they were to die in it. You can do something about this, not everyone can.

Good luck.
Pages: 1 2