Support Forums

Full Version: How To Feel Better when your Sad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This guide is very simple, enjoyable, and the activities in which make you "feel better" are actually kinda fun. Since I have been working a lot with the emotion side of things at certian forums, which I will not disclose for certian reasons, I have a lot of experiance in this area. After working with a few advice members from another forum, we have came up with a few things that will make you feel better when your just down or slightly depressed. However these will not really work if you are clinically depressed, however it cant hurt to try.

The Paper Ball Trick
The name of this is quite obvious after you have read what it is about. What you do is you take a few peices of paper, this can be any kind of paper, and just write your emotions on the paper. You can also write down what is causing you to feel depressed or sad at that time. After you have written your emotions or causes down, take the paper and crumple it up. You can then take the paper to the woods, a bridge, clif or a hole and just throw the paper as hard as you can or just burry it.

This may sound really silly, and it is, but what your basically doing is just letting everything go at that time. Your setting yourself free from what ever is just causing all this stress and annoyance in your life. However this does not have a perm effect, however it will help for a short time and let you have a break.

Write & Destroy

This method is like the paper ball method, but with a different twist. What you can do is take a peice of paper and draw or write the person or thing that is making you feel "bleh". After you do that you can just rip it up, burn it, or do what ever you want to that paper. Again this sounds silly, but its like taking control of what is making you feel down and your just showing you have power of it, not the other way around.

You can also do this at a beach, just write what ever is bothering you in the sand and just watch the ocean wash the words away.

These are just two very easy and kinda funny things you can do to make yourself feel better when you are just feeling down. I think there are tricks like this found online, so just search with bing and I am sure you can find some other very easy things to make you feel better when you are kinda down.

Thanks,
Tyler
Sometimes people don't enjoy writing even though its a good way to get emotions out that you can't comprehend in your mind right away. Especially if you don't have someone to talk to. So another suggestion I might add, even though writing things down is a very good approach, is to go workout if you are stressed, or upset. In some cases though you are only upset at something and might not want to do that lol. So instead listen to music Smile it's good for the soul.
(09-25-2010, 10:23 AM)Infinity Wrote: [ -> ]Sometimes people don't enjoy writing even though its a good way to get emotions out that you can't comprehend in your mind right away. Especially if you don't have someone to talk to. So another suggestion I might add, even though writing things down is a very good approach, is to go workout if you are stressed, or upset. In some cases though you are only upset at something and might not want to do that lol. So instead listen to music Smile it's good for the soul.

Actually listing to music can worsen your mood. The reason is because when people are sad they tend to listen to music that will remind them of someone they lost, or who has caused the issue in the first place. This will then worsen the mood and make a person more depressed. However if you can get into the mood of listing to upbeat music while you are sad, this could help.

And actually, people are more tuned to write when they are depressed or feeling sad. Not sure why, but people really actually write when they are sad because its easier to write a poem with their emotions.

Thanks for adding your suggestions tho, always helps :3
(09-25-2010, 10:59 AM)Tyler Allen Wrote: [ -> ]Actually listing to music can worsen your mood. The reason is because when people are sad they tend to listen to music that will remind them of someone they lost, or who has caused the issue in the first place. This will then worsen the mood and make a person more depressed. However if you can get into the mood of listing to upbeat music while you are sad, this could help.

And actually, people are more tuned to write when they are depressed or feeling sad. Not sure why, but people really actually write when they are sad because its easier to write a poem with their emotions.

Thanks for adding your suggestions tho, always helps :3

Thats a good insight on music, and yes they will tend to do that, but it doesn't actually worsen anything at all. It's better to get over things by facing them, keeping them bottled up makes it worse.
This is pretty well written and pretty interesting actually. I really enjoyed reading it.
And I do agree, even though it's a bit silly, it still works. I have tried the second one myself, when I was younger.
I think it works because part of your subconcious mind interprets the metaphor of those problems that you have written down "wash away" and disappear, but I agree, it is an interesting method Smile Good job on this for thinking in a more unique way though.
(09-25-2010, 11:11 AM)Infinity Wrote: [ -> ]I think it works because part of your subconcious mind interprets the metaphor of those problems that you have written down "wash away" and disappear, but I agree, it is an interesting method Smile Good job on this for thinking in a more unique way though.

No problem, I work with people on a daily basis and rather then going through text book methods, I think its better to do something a little different and fun. I just go with what ever works, because everyone has a different mind set and a different take on certian things so ya cant always have something that works for everyone.
(09-25-2010, 10:26 PM)Kinect Wrote: [ -> ]Write & Destroy

Not sure what you mean by that, but alright xD
(09-26-2010, 04:46 AM)Tyler Allen Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure what you mean by that, but alright xD

He obviously was trying to boost up his post count so he could get the feather award on HF. Kids...
But yeah, the "Write & Destroy" one is pretty good actually. I used to do it awhile back. I suggest it to everyone, because it might actually work Oui
Hi Tyler, I think that this is a very helpful thread, good job.
Pages: 1 2