Support Forums

Full Version: The Gadget Show - Top 5 Rugged Gadgets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Note: I did not write this. Everything but the images was taken directly from The Gadget Show website.

------------------------------------------

Sonim XP3 Quest Pro

[Image: Sonim_Mobile_XP3_Quest_Pro.jpg]
Sonim is no stranger to the rugged mobile phone game, and yet it manages to set the bar higher with each new release. The XP3 Quest Pro is the latest off its bullet-proof production line, and it’s one seriously rock-solid customer. You’re protected against virtually anything the environment can throw your way, including vibrations, shocks, dust, water, temperature and humidity. You can even drop it 2m onto concrete without affecting it.

LaCie XtremKey

[Image: 100_71_crop_resize.jpg]
We tend to take USB drives a little for granted, but if you’re carrying around important info it might not be a bad idea to add a bit of muscle to protect it. Enter LaCie’s Xtremkey. Its stainless steel construction is elegant and eye-catching, but make no mistake – this is one tough customer. It’ll happily shrug off getting run over by a truck, being encased in a block of ice, or even being thrown in the oven. With a respectable 16GB of storage space on board, it’s the ideal armoured car for those precious files.

Panasonic Toughbook 31

[Image: panasonic-toughbook-31-notbook.jpg]
Panasonic’s Toughbook range has dominated the rugged laptop market for years, and taking a look at the Toughbook 31 it’s not hard to see why. From its shock resistant hard drive to its magnesium alloy construction, no compromises have been made in the quest for hard-as-nails durability suited to the very harshest of environments. It’s no slouch on the performance front either, thanks to the latest Intel Core processors with discrete graphics and on-board memory of up to 8GB.

Casio EX-G1

[Image: Casio-EX-G1.jpg]
Expertly treading the fine line between ruggedness and desirability, Casio’s EX-G1 is protected against shock, dirt, humidity, temperature, snow and water and yet is still distinctly pocketable. Picture quality isn’t sacrificed either in the quest for durability, with a 12.4MP sensor, 3x optical zoom and all the usual on-board presets ticking all the right boxes. Throw in some surprising good looks and you’ve got a rock-solid all-rounder suited to just about any outdoor activity.

CX Swiss Military 20,000

[Image: watch_size_9.jpg?1283779824]
Never mind Swiss timing, this formidable timepiece shows off Swiss engineering at its very best and comfortably claims the title of world’s toughest watch – in fact, it’s all but indestructible. And we really mean that – in testing, it survived being dropped out of a plane, taken to extreme depths underwater, and even being shot at and blown up with dynamite. If this sounds like your average day, you certainly have our sympathies. But in the CX Swiss Military 20,000 you also have the perfect watch for the job.
Those I'd have to say are some Pretty cool gadgets I love the phone and laptop.
Yeh I think the watch is pretty damn impressive aswell..

I don't plan on buying any mind... Unless I become some crazy adrenaline junkie.
The laptop looks soo sick man.
I want that CX Swiss Military 20,000 right nao D:
The tough book looks really tough...
Reminds me of my dream - AlienWare M17x.