Support Forums

Full Version: Need emotional support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Hey everybody, so this is how it goes I've been a pot smoker fro some time now i quit on and off. But this time is different i want to quit for life and i wouldn't mind any encouraging words of wisdom. I don't really have anyone to turn to because i was trying to keep it a secret from everybody, i know it's not right and I'm sick of this lie. It got to the point where i am about to loose the most valuable thing and only person I live for. So if you have any advice or just want to chat and help me go through this painful process you are more than welcome to post in this thread. For anyone who is willing to help me I'm gratefully thankful.
Talk to a drug and alcohol councilmen.

I am already taking all the steps to get rid of that habit I even sign up for gym to get rid of my anger and whatever comes within. I do get motivated easier when I'm talking to somebody but being in this situation i am right now i really have nobody to turn to and i just need to unload and be heard.
How old are you? If you don't mind me asking.

i am middle age so mo whole live is still in front of me
Why, what are you trying to quit?
I quit because I am being tested and if I get caught I'm screwed. Basically just put yourself on testing or something? Idk man.
Hey, I can help you out a bit. First off, when you are an addict (even smoking marijuana on a regular basis makes you an addict) things sort of become "slurged" together. Motivation can be a real struggle as well. That is called "amotivational syndrome" http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/LIBRARY/slikker.htm

That is one nasty bugger. Another thing about constant use, is that you don't deal with you reality issues. You spend a large portion of your time being high, so you don't deal with things you are supposed to be dealing with.

Have you heard of Narcotics Anonymous? Please, read about it. http://www.na.org/ It could save your life. Lots of people start with Marijuana, and progress at a negative rate. There are "NA" meetings all over the world. You can get yourself some help. I know it sounds like I'm talking to you as if you are some sort of tweaker. But I'm just trying to help.

Best of luck to you.

thanx all for the support but i found quitting easier with time it's been 6 days smoke free and i'm happy. life is just so much better now even though it hasn't been a long time i can see myself going in the right direction.. sure there is stress probably this is the time where i've been stressed out more than ever in my life but i'm trying to deal with it. thanx everybody for the support and advice, i will be updating this thread every once in a while
Be cautious. While your head does become more clear when you are sober, relapse is easy when faced with a difficult situation. Although you are sober, life will still throw it's challenges at you.
Pages: 1 2