Support Forums

Full Version: Major Decisions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well here's a lot of badly organized information.

I'm 15, I want to leave America, I'm planning to get my GED and get Emancipated, I would like to move to Canada for College and hopefully stay after.

Well my stepmom offered to help me get Emancipated. I want to take her up on that offer, and following it get my GED and head off to College in Canada. I don't know exactly how to explain this but I want to get away from America, my family(Except my birthmom), and all but a few people. I want to go to College and major in computer sciences, and hopefully open a technology related shop in a small town in Canada.

So this is real big for me, but could anyone point me links for things like Emancipation, a way to live in Canada, getting my GED, and so on?

If you need it: I'm from Arizona, I'm 15, I'm going to be 16 in a few months.
You have to be 16 to get your GED, but some states require you to be older.
So there isn't really much you can do.

Edit: In Arizona you have to be 16 and you had to have dropped out of school more than a year ago.
Definitely keep studying so you can be positive you receive your GED.

Take it a step at a time and be positive it's what you absolutely want.
That's a very ballsy move I must say. I really hope you're comfortable and ready for it. Keep us posted as I'd love to hear your story on a regular basis.
No do not come to Canada at 16.
Canada is a very shitty country for a minor to live in.
You can't own any sort of property, you can't have a bank account, you can't buy drugs, etc. Stay in United States until you are 18.
If you move to canada move to a nice city in ontario or vancouver, everywhere eles is kind of gay.