Support Forums

Full Version: I'm scared...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
...of everything.

No exaggerations, I'm absolutely terrified. I'm scared of the dark, but I don't show it. I'm extremely paranoid, always thinking I hear or see something. (I have horrible vision)

I mostly blame my brother for scaring me all the time when we went camping when I was little. He would make me watch scary movies, reenact parts in life, and just scare the living Hell outta me. Now, I can never watch scary movies (which sucks because my gf loves them) and I freak out whenever one of my friend's makes a sudden movement or sound. (Two for flinching. More like three for flipping out)

I was just very scared, walking home alone at 4AM. For some reason, I kept thinking of scary things. I always do that, and have no control over it. I tried tuning it out by doing some heavy math. (I love math)

Is there any way I can overcome my fears of nothing and everything? Unsure
Scared of the dark phobia is something that takes time and most of all confidence in yourself that your not scared of the dark anymore. If you truly want to change it then you can, just keep reminding yourself their is nothing to be afraid of and just not fear death.
Well, it seems that you know that there is NOTHING to fear, I don't see why it's so hard to overcome it.

It's like knowing the hero of a movie is not going to die because he appears in the sequel, but still being terrified and wishing that the guy pointing the gun at his head will not shoot him. ;)

See where I'm coming from?
Well, I don't know if this is phobia or no, but I have to check all electrical plugs before going to sleep so I can see that all devices (TV, laptop, etc.) are unplugged. I even unplug my router when going to sleep. But recently I started to focus on it when I'm unplugging them (usually do something that will remember me I unplugged it, such as drinking water etc. Big Grin) so I won't have to return multiple times like before Big Grin
(08-20-2010, 02:45 AM)sLeepyK0z Wrote: [ -> ]Scared of the dark phobia is something that takes time and most of all confidence in yourself that your not scared of the dark anymore. If you truly want to change it then you can, just keep reminding yourself their is nothing to be afraid of and just not fear death.

It's not a huge fear of the dark. Let's say my friend showed me a scary video, then I have scary thoughts in my head, I would keep thinking I hear or see things. Mostly in the dark. Which is why I get scared. If I'm not scared of anything at the time, the dark doesn't phase me as much.

(08-20-2010, 02:48 AM)ndee Wrote: [ -> ]Well, it seems that you know that there is NOTHING to fear, I don't see why it's so hard to overcome it.

It's like knowing the hero of a movie is not going to die because he appears in the sequel, but still being terrified and wishing that the guy pointing the gun at his head will not shoot him. ;)

See where I'm coming from?

Yeah, sometimes I can tune out my scary thoughts but most of the time they overcome my mind and I'm just a mess. Wacko

(08-20-2010, 03:18 AM)tomynho Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I don't know if this is phobia or no, but I have to check all electrical plugs before going to sleep so I can see that all devices (TV, laptop, etc.) are unplugged. I even unplug my router when going to sleep. But recently I started to focus on it when I'm unplugging them (usually do something that will remember me I unplugged it, such as drinking water etc. Big Grin) so I won't have to return multiple times like before Big Grin

Errr, I don't see how that's relevant to what I'm saying...Huh
This is common, I was scared of the dark until probably middle of last year. When I was like 15. I to sometimes get paranoid and scared but I usually just tell myself there is nothing to worry about, I'm not sure quite how to help you with this so please read some of the articles below for support:

http://www.wikihow.com/Not-Be-Afraid-of-the-Dark
http://www.wikihow.com/Stop-Being-Paranoid

Both from Wikihow, some great tips Big Grin

Regards,

~ Sam
(08-20-2010, 09:57 AM)Sam Wrote: [ -> ]This is common, I was scared of the dark until probably middle of last year. When I was like 15. I to sometimes get paranoid and scared but I usually just tell myself there is nothing to worry about, I'm not sure quite how to help you with this so please read some of the articles below for support:

http://www.wikihow.com/Not-Be-Afraid-of-the-Dark
http://www.wikihow.com/Stop-Being-Paranoid

Both from Wikihow, some great tips Big Grin

Regards,

~ Sam

Thank you for the advice Sam, I'll be sure to check out those articles.
This is why I don't watch Scary movies anymore.
(08-20-2010, 01:34 AM)Taniel Wrote: [ -> ]...of everything.

No exaggerations, I'm absolutely terrified. I'm scared of the dark, but I don't show it. I'm extremely paranoid, always thinking I hear or see something. (I have horrible vision)

I mostly blame my brother for scaring me all the time when we went camping when I was little. He would make me watch scary movies, reenact parts in life, and just scare the living Hell outta me. Now, I can never watch scary movies (which sucks because my gf loves them) and I freak out whenever one of my friend's makes a sudden movement or sound. (Two for flinching. More like three for flipping out)

I was just very scared, walking home alone at 4AM. For some reason, I kept thinking of scary things. I always do that, and have no control over it. I tried tuning it out by doing some heavy math. (I love math)

Is there any way I can overcome my fears of nothing and everything? Unsure

I can relate to you, as I had the same problem a few years back. I used to be terrified of the dark. I think I was afraid of the "unknown" rather that the "known." Eventually that fear just started to fade away. It helped me to go run around my neighborhood at night. And I mean actually run around, dont look back. I honestly dont know why, but it helped me.
Face your fears and you will become a stronger person.
Pages: 1 2 3