Support Forums

Full Version: Forgetting a Girl / Getting over a girl
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

We are very good friends and do things that couples do i.e we've kissed and we talk on the phone very much at night, and text all during the day. I am always jealous of other boys that hang out with her, and things like that...I want to know how I can stop being jealous and not care, without her knowing I don't care - because I honestly don't know what's going to happen with me and her. I can't stop talking to her - I know I can't do that, dont ask me why it's a long story and I'm trying to keep this thread as short as possible (its not bc i dont want to).

So SupportForums, how can I stop caring so much about this girl? How can I stop being so jealous, and get over her.
I'm a bit confused about your relationship with her, you're very good friends but you kiss, etc? And you haven't asked her out or anything? So from what I understand is that you want to get over her just so you won't feel jealous anymore. I know how that feels and it does suck, but why get over her? All I'm saying is maybe you should progress your relationship, ask her on a date or to be your girlfriend. If you two get even closer then you can get rid of your jealousy by just reminding yourself that she likes you, that's why you're her boyfriend and all other boys are just friends or even less.

It's complicated. We did go out, but she broke up with me. Basically she wants to be able to have it all. By have it all I mean she wants to have me and to be able to flirt with other guys.
Well then, from my own experiences you'd probably have to talk less to not be as jealous/not care as much. You can still be friends, I just don't think you'll be as close as you once were.

(08-05-2010, 08:47 PM)Nemmyy Wrote: [ -> ]Well then, from my own experiences you'd probably have to talk less to not be as jealous/not care as much. You can still be friends, I just don't think you'll be as close as you once were.

Okay, thank you for the help Thumbsup

Any ideas on how I can talk to her less without her really noticing? I don't want to be like "I think we should talk less" because I don't want her mad with me.
No problem Oui, and yes this is the harder part. If you still want to be friends and have her not know that you're trying to do this, then try to avoid her a bit. It's hard to explain. I mean if she talks to you then obviously talk back but don't go out of your way to make conversation. Gradually lessen the number of times you talk on the phone at night and texts during the day. Don't just immediately stop talking or something like that.

(08-05-2010, 08:56 PM)Nemmyy Wrote: [ -> ]No problem Oui, and yes this is the harder part. If you still want to be friends and have her not know that you're trying to do this, then try to avoid her a bit. It's hard to explain. I mean if she talks to you then obviously talk back but don't go out of your way to make conversation. Gradually lessen the number of times you talk on the phone at night and texts during the day. Don't just immediately stop talking or something like that.

Alright I was thinking this. I will try and make up excuses that I cannot talk until we drift apart.

Thanks for the quick responses Victoire
Guests can post?
(08-06-2010, 05:14 AM)Gonzo Wrote: [ -> ]Guests can post?

Only in the emotional support section, but apparently they can give rep?
Stop talking/ interacting with her, and through the course of time you may forget somewhat about her.
Pages: 1 2 3