Support Forums

Full Version: Database Imported
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Sorry for downtime. I just bought a small dead site and imported into SF. It had about 3000 posts and 260 users. Not a lot really but it was really cheap. The time I spent cost me more.

But anyways it's imported now and most won't even notice the difference.

If you're wondering why I do this it's to help add to the Google food of the site. Where there is more content to be indexed increasing our chances of getting SE visitors. It raises stats too which never hurts.

Some may find this practice questionable but I've done it multiple times to many of my successful sites so I know it works. The content is mainly for SEO than to trick members. Most of the threads imported are old and will never be replied to here.

For the curious the site was Teensworld.org which I have simply redirected here now.

Thanks.
(08-05-2010, 02:24 PM)Omniscient Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for downtime. I just bought a small dead site and imported into SF. It had about 3000 posts and 260 users. Not a lot really but it was really cheap. The time I spent cost me more.

But anyways it's imported now and most won't even notice the difference.

If you're wondering why I do this it's to help add to the Google food of the site. Where there is more content to be indexed increasing our chances of getting SE visitors. It raises stats too which never hurts.

Some may find this practice questionable but I've done it multiple times to many of my successful sites so I know it works. The content is mainly for SEO than to trick members. Most of the threads imported are old and will never be replied to here.

For the curious the site was Teensworld.org which I have simply redirected here now.

Thanks.
Good for you dude. Hopefully we can get some good quality traffic in here now.
Wow, nice move! Lets hope SupportForums gets more traffic, I really should post more.

~A
TECHNICALLY, we're a bigger community now. Smile
Good to hear, can't wait for more users.
The cool thing is that most of the posts were relevent to SF. I only had to delete about 1000 posts for the import. I also deleted all zero post members. I do a pretty thorough job of importing cleaning. If I didn't say anything most wouldn't even notice.
More traffic is good.
"We currently have 3,912 members registered."

How much did we have before?
It was only 265 members and just under 3k posts. You do the math from that.
I'm not going to question your methods Omni. Thanks for making this update to bring more visitors.
Pages: 1 2 3