Support Forums

Full Version: This is sad...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
http://supportforums.net/myawards.php?awid=22

That's sad, honestly.

This is not against Sarah at all, I completely respect her and she seems extremely nice, but an award for proving your a girl? This is the dumbest thing ever thought of, honestly.

I won't post much more, but are you trying to get girls to post pictures of themselves to get harassed by horny 15 year olds?
It's to encourage girls to join and be active here.
I don't see a problem with it? It sends a message that SF is a place of equality, which is what we want is it now?
Why should girls be encouraged more than boys? Isn't it a little unfair that because you're a girl, you automatically get an award? Besides, there's no proof that she is female as of yet.
(08-05-2010, 03:13 AM)Malware Boss Wrote: [ -> ]Why should girls be encouraged more than boys? Isn't it a little unfair that because you're a girl, you automatically get an award? Besides, there's no proof that she is female as of yet.

Agreed.
I can just say:
[Image: kristen-stewart-twilight-new-moon-bella-...l-says.jpg]

That is me. So I can have an award now? (x
(08-05-2010, 03:03 AM)Sam Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see a problem with it? It sends a message that SF is a place of equality, which is what we want is it now?

If we were equal, I can get an award for being a boy now.
Pfft, it's really not that big of a deal is it? She was given a flower under her name do you want one? Is it that important? We're here to help each other out not fuss over awards.
(08-05-2010, 03:30 AM)Sam Wrote: [ -> ]Pfft, it's really not that big of a deal is it? She was given a flower under her name do you want one? Is it that important? We're here to help each other out not fuss over awards.

On the contrary, I'm not complaining about the award. I'm just saying, from all the spam on the thread of her pictures with "She's not a girl!" "OMG SHE'S A GIRL", should we really have an award encouraging girls to post a picture of them, followed by 12 pages of comments of abuse to the OP.

All I'm saying is this award will not only possibly hurt the girls who are willing to post their pictures, but also cause spam. There were 100+ replies of non quality posts on that thread, if Omniscient wants Support Forums to be a better forum than Hack Forums, I'm sure an award given for GENDER is clearly not necessary.
I don't understand why the mere acknowledgment of a female here has stirred up so much disbelief and strong feelings.
Gender should never have come into it.
Unfortunately it has. (Prob through a fake trying to play as such)
Move on i say.
Yea award is perhaps a bit weird. But it has merit. Tell me i am alone in the final judgement based on Omnis thoughts?
Either way. Were all here ultimately for one goal. To support.
And although recent activity has been amusing i assume the females amongst us will or will not show there true identity.
However its a weird thing to do sure. Particularly given todays predators.
But again its support and as a community i know this recent experience will only make SF grow.
IMHO anyway.
Pages: 1 2 3 4