Support Forums

Full Version: Adrenaline In Fights Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey guys what's up. I'm here posting this thread trying to get help with my adrenaline rush when I'm about to get into a fight at school or something. Right when I know it's gonna happen, I start kinda shaking as if I was scared but the thing is even if it's someone that I can beat easy, the adrenaline rush is still there and I kinda start shaking and it makes me feel weak and not ready. How can I overcome this so I can stand up for myself and not be shaking like that? I hope you guys know what I mean.
What i know, you'll have the adrenaline anyway. But i suppose it's able to get used to.

Im not sure, but i feel the same, and it's the adrenaline.

You know hooligans, not to compare you or anyone with those, they fight for the adrenaline, the kick of just beating someone.
It makes me feel weak though like if I was scared.
I've been a Krav Maga instructor (Google it if you don't know what it is) 8 years running now and I can tell you quite simply that what you're experiencing is very natural. I could go into long detail on how and why it happens but its basically known as the 'fight or flight' and is your body's response to the sense of danger. Your mind triggers an andrenaline rush within your muscles and causes them to vaguely spasm. The andrenaline rush is intended to prepare your muscles for the danger your mind senses, although when you cease to physically acknowledge this and fail to use your muscles at the time in a demanding physical manner specific to that danger, they will begin to shake.

You can control this with breathing exercises but it takes a lot of training.
(08-01-2010, 12:13 PM)Riggs Wrote: [ -> ]I've been a Krav Maga instructor (Google it if you don't know what it is) 8 years running now and I can tell you quite simply that what you're experiencing is very natural. I could go into long detail on how and why it happens but its basically known as the 'fight or flight' and is your body's response to the sense of danger. Your mind triggers an andrenaline rush within your muscles and causes them to vaguely spasm. The andrenaline rush is intended to prepare your muscles for the danger your mind senses, although when you cease to physically acknowledge this and fail to use your muscles at the time in a demanding physical manner specific to that danger, they will begin to shake.

You can control this with breathing exercises but it takes a lot of training.

Well I kinda understood what you said and thanks a bunch for the help. How can I train with breathing exercises?
(08-01-2010, 12:25 PM)Elite Wrote: [ -> ]Well I kinda understood what you said and thanks a bunch for the help. How can I train with breathing exercises?
Try researching breathing exercises in Tai Chi Chaun, what you need to learn you can find there. Although, you can always try influencing your mind into believing you're using it's intended nervous system preperation for a fight by doing something almost as demanding.

Similar to fighting you could try something like just jumping up and down on the spot. Or just laying on the floor pumping out some hardcore push-ups. One of two things will happen. Your muscles could utilize the andrenaline appropriately which would cause them to stop shaking. Or they could cause your mind to request more andrenaline, thus causing them to shake even more as soon as you stop.

In all honesty, you should be proud of your body for having such noticable effects in the first place. As I said, the response is a natural instinct and is just your mind putting your body into a 'defensive mode'. You'll find that the people who try to control this type of behaviour usually don't actually reach their body's maximum potential during a fight.
When adrenaline i released it does increase your reaction time as it increases hormone production essentially just speeding everything up.
Anger will help. Get angry at them. If you don't have an instinctive anger towards them, don't fight them.
I don't know why you wouldn't want adrenaline before a fight...
Turn weak adrenaline into aggressive adrenaline. Start jumping up and down, get yourself pumped up.
Pages: 1 2 3