Support Forums

Full Version: My Dad Has A Tumor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
About 2 weeks ago my dad had a swollen cheek and we thought it could be MRSA. So we went to the hospital to get it checked out. When we got there they made him do a cat scan on his head. They came back and said it's just swelling from an infection but after he said that he also said "When we did the cat scan we also found some swelling in the brain" Me and my dad's jaw dropped. They said it was behind his right eye pushing against his skull.
We are still waiting for them to give us a date to come in and do a biopsy to see if it's a cancer killing kind. I'm pretty worried but my dad said he hasn't been getting any kind of headaches or anything. So I'm wondering if anyone has gone through something like this before?
Although, it wasn't a tumor, I've gone through a similar scenario with a close friend of mine being diagnosed with cancer. It's the worst thing ever.

Just remember to stay optimistic, there's always hope. Smile
I hope your dad pulls through alright! Big Grin

~A
My dad had cancer twice. To be honest it didn't affect me at all.
Tumors don't have 100% kill rate, so he might be fine.
There is a good chance it isn't even malignant, meaning it's just harmless cell tissue.
My mother died from cancer, she died after maybe 8 years of illness, but the drugs and doctors messed her up, I hope your dad will pull through! Smile
I really want to say that your dad is going to be fine, definitely. This is not the case, so I will not say it. Unfortunately, people do get diagnosed with cancer and often. This does not seem likely in the scenario you've described but it is a possibility, do not dismiss the possibility because it will just make it harder to deal with if it turns out to be cancer. Please do stay optimistic but don't be in denial.
Stay with your Dad through it all and support him.
He is in my prayers
D: I hope your dad gets better.
Pages: 1 2