Support Forums

Full Version: Helping My Mother Through A Hard Time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello SF,

My mother's best friend has been diagnosed with cervical cancer for quite some time now, but it has become apparent that there is barely any hope.

I was wondering if any of you had any suggestions pertaining to how I can help my mother get through this as best as possible. To see her like this hurts me more then anything else, so I want to make things as easy for her as possible.

Thanks!
The most important thing you could do is give her support, be there for her and cheer her up.
Sorry to hear it mate.
I actually think you are already doing everything you can.
Its going to be hard for her no matter what you do. Nasty business cancer.
Your obvious compassion for your Mother will be appreciated by her even if its not told to you enough. IMHO.
Hello.

There isn't much you can do, especially if you are just a teenager. I would recommend just letting her know that you are there to talk. Pretend you are counseling your friend over an issue of boyfriend/girlfriend. Give your mom the best advice you can about the situation.
In my opinion, I'd like to keep thinking there's hope. At the end of the day, miracles do happen. You don't want her depressed for her last moments of life, so if you can stay positive then she will too. Positivity is really important.
I suggest you just reassure her that you will be there if she needs to talk and most importantly let her come to you she may even be slightly neglectful right now as she rush's to take care of her poor poor friend, you just have to wait around and be there when she needs you. The time will come.